Do you want to help The Petty Archives? If so, you've come to the right place!
Our biggest expense is hosting. Even though we're on the cheapest hosting plan that DreamHost provides, it still comes out to $115 a year, paid out of pocket.
See the Hosting Donations page for more information.
We're always on the lookout for new articles—in particular, older magazines and newspapers that aren't available online.
Already have a scan? Use the upload form on the the contact page. If you have multiple pages, you'll want to zip them up into a single file first.
Haven't scanned it yet? If so, here's a few tips for getting the best scan:
- Magazine spines sometimes tent up, which results in blurriness along there. Just use something weighted (hardcover books work well) to hold it down.
- Thin paper can sometimes bleed through. Slip a piece of paper between the pages if this happens. Black construction paper works the best, but even plain printer paper works.
- Is the page too big for the scanner? Don't worry about it. Just scan it in multiple parts (the more overlap, the better), zip it up, and send it over. We can stitch them together.
- If you need assistance, contact us. We'll help you how we can.
Don't have a scanner, or not technologically-inclined? Contact us about it and we can arrange a loan.
Want to buy us a magazine? If you want to donate a magazine, but don't actually have one, you can still help us by purchasing one for the Archives—but please contact us ahead of time to make sure we don't already have it!
On a website this large, we're bound to make a few tyops and misteaks from time to time. If you come across any, please let us know!
Does anyone know what newspaper this June 30, 1981 article is from?
Missing and Incomplete Scans
Here's some magazine articles where we have the text, but either no scans or incomplete ones. If you have the magazine, we'd appreciate a scan!
Do you speak another language?
If so, perhaps you could help us improve these translations, which were mostly done by looking up each word in a dictionary and cobbling together their meanings.
- Die Zeit - June 10, 1977 (German)
- Vísir - December 7, 1979 (Icelandic)
- Tíminn - February 24, 1980 (Icelandic)
- De Feanster - March 6, 1980 (Dutch)
- Leidsch Dagblad - March 12, 1980 (Dutch)
- Vísir - June 13, 1981 (Icelandic)
- Leidsch Dagblad - January 25, 1986 (Dutch)
- La Stampa - March 8, 1986 (Italian)
- Le Franco-Albertain - June 30, 1989 (Canadian-French)
- Corriere della Sera - December 17, 1993 (Italian)
- Dagbladet - December 13, 1995 (Norwegian)
- Morgunblaðið - August 16, 2002 (Icelandic)
- GoodTimes - June 2006 (German)
- Fréttablaðið -- May 16, 2008 (Icelandic)
We also have untranslated articles in Dutch, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, and Russian.
If you would like to translate an article or improve a translation, please use the contact form.